Welcome to TimeTravel-Britain.com! Founded in 2005, this site offers a tantalizing selection of articles highlighting some of the best travel destinations in Great Britain.
Unfortunately, due to lack of funding, our fare is limited to England at this time. Our goal was to include separate sections for Scotland and Wales, but we have had to freeze the site at present. But there's still plenty to "see" on the site. You can search the site in two ways: By using our Front Page to search for destinations by type (e.g., castles, cathedrals, manors, standing stones, etc.), or by using our Master Article Index to locate articles by region.
TimeTravel-Britain.com is edited by Moira Allen, an American writer who recently spent 15 months in Britain. Its writers come from around the world, sharing a common love of British history and travel. Moira Allen also hosts a site for writers (http://www.writing-world.com), and another on Victorian periodicals that archives hundreds of original articles from British Victorian magazines (http://www.mostly-victorian.com).
To contact the editor, please e-mail
Moira Allen, Editor
- Are you accepting submissions?
- We are now closed to submissions.
- Do you accept advertising?
- Yes. Please visit our Ad Rates page for details.
- Can I Help Support TimeTravel-Britain.com?
- We could really use your help in keeping this site alive! So we're offering an absolutely gorgeous stained glass screensaver, with more than 55 images of windows from British cathedrals and churches, as a thank-you gift for any donation of $10 or more. This screensaver has just been updated with new images and is available for Mac or Windows. For details, visit our screensaver page.
- Will you link to my site?
- Please send link requests to
Moira Allen, Editor. We don't guarantee links, but we welcome information on sites that relate to our editorial focus (British history and/or travel).
Please do contact us if you find a broken link or a link that doesn't lead where it should, or if you wish your link to be removed or changed.
- Can I link to you?
- Please do! No need to ask for permission. Feel free to use one of the buttons below if you'd like!
To use one of our banners or buttons, just position your mouse over the desired image and right-click or hold down the mouse button to download the image.